Looking for a quick and easy air fryer recipe? Try this super easy frozen scampi air fryer recipe, it’s perfect for those days when you need something delicious on the table fast.
How to Cook Frozen Breaded Scampi in an Air Fryer:
- Arrange your frozen scampi pieces in the air fryer basket. Do your best to avoid stacking the scampi because this prevents even cooking. If you’re cooking a large amount, it’s better to do them in batches.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 10 minutes. If you’re cooking popcorn frozen breaded scampi, you’ll need to check the packaging for the exact cooking time.
- Pause the cooking after 5 minutes, remove the fry basket and give it a good shake. This will ensure all the scampi pieces cook evenly.
- Replace the fry basket and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Check on the scampi. They should be looking golden and crispy at the 10-minute mark. If the scampi doesn’t look crispy enough, continue to cook it for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Tips and Considerations
The process to cook frozen breaded scampi in an air fryer is about as foolproof as possible. However, there are some chefs’ tips you should know to ensure your scampi comes out perfect every time. Keep these in mind:
- Avoid pouring in the crumbs from the bag when adding the frozen scampi to the fryer basket. While crumbs aren’t harmful, they get crispy much faster than the larger scampi pieces.
- While a basket of scampi will generally cook in 10 minutes with an air fryer, cooking times will vary based on the number of pieces you’re packing into each cooking batch.
- If you want to enhance the flavour of plain breaded scampi, consider adding some spices before cooking them. Using spices during the cooking process creates a more flavorful experience compared to adding them after.
- It’s not necessary to grease breaded scampi before frying. However, misting the scampi lightly with olive oil after cooking will definitely enhance the flavour.
Do I need to defrost frozen breaded scampi before cooking in an air fryer?
No! there’s no need to defrost frozen breaded scampi before cooking in an air fryer. It’s always recommended to cook frozen breaded scampi straight out of the freezer.
How long to cook frozen breaded scampi in an air fryer?
Frozen scampi generally takes 10 minutes to crisp up perfectly in an air fryer. You can adjust cooking times based on the number of pieces you’re placing into the fryer basket.
Do I need to add oil when cooking frozen breaded scampi in an air fryer?
No, it’s not necessary to add oil when cooking frozen breaded scampi in an air fryer.
If you prefer to use oil for extra crispiness, you’ll need to add it before frying. You can also try misting the scampi with olive oil after frying.
So what are you waiting for? Try this delicious frozen scampi air fryer recipe today! Once you’ve tried it, we know you’ll be hooked.
If you love the recipe, please share it with your friends and family on social media. We can’t wait to hear what they think!